Historic Monuments in the Protected Area of the N.M.P.Z. are quite recent since the intense seismic activity of the area eradicated older monuments. The most famous Monuments in the Protected Area of the N.M.P.Z. are indicated below:
- Domeneginis Tower at the Argassi Village has been used as a secret conference place of local revenue of the Filiki Eteria, before the Hellenic Revolution back in 1821.
- The Bridges of the provincial road Zakynthos-Vasilikos and the Bridge in the area “Abyss” of Keri, where constructed in the period of English rule.
- Panagias Skopiotissas Church which is characterised as listed Byzantine building
- The Byzantine Church of Saint Nicolaos the Megalomatis, located in the East side of the Mountain Skopos, and is characterised as preserved Byzantine monument.
- Part of English Aqueduct at Vrontonero area of Kalamaki was the second stage of the Zakynthos Aqueduct that was constructed during the English rule (1809-1864), collecting water from 8 springs and channeling it to the city of Zakynthos.
- The Church of Theotokos Odigitrias, at Marathonisi island: ruins of the very old Monastery of Panagia Odigitria in the same island are still kept.
- The Manor Sarakina is the greatest sample of rural mansions architecture that has survived from Zakynthos’s pre-seismic era.